Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
Supportive Services is a Non Profit that was established in 1975, servicing all of Erie County. This position specifically, is part of our Weatherization Assistance Program, which focuses on making the low to moderate income households in WNY more energy efficient.
We offer an amazing benefit package that includes 12 holidays, 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, subsidized health (roughly 80%) insurance, full dental, full long term disability & life, and access to a pre tax 403(b) retirement plan. We have year round projects, so we have a minimal threat of seasonal layoff.
Additionally, we offer a great work environment that provides growth opportunities to those who wish to be on time, work hard, follow instructions and learn.
Duties will include:
- 2-3 years’ experience installing windows and/or doors
- Removal of siding and drilling holes in exterior sheeting
- Blowing cellulose insulation in sidewall cavities and attics
- Air sealing attic and basement bypasses with caulk, foam, tin and cellulose board
- Installation of carbon monoxide detectors, smoke detectors and compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Repair of drywall ceilings and walls
- Responsible for completing paperwork daily related to work done and inventory used
- Responsible for reporting any issues, incidents, or accidents to the Production Manager and Construction Manager
- Responsible for overseeing and organizing all work completed by their crew
- Responsible for managing all actions of their crew members
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a construction position
- BPI Level 1 Building Analyst Certification (must earn within 12 months of taking the position)
- Skill in the use of common carpentry tools
- A desire to be a team player who will demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- A clean and valid driver’s license
- The ability to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds
- Access all areas of the house that work is being done. These areas include Attics, roofs, crawl spaces, and basements. To access these areas the employee may be required to use a ladder or climb multiple flights of stairs
- Candidates will be required to pass a physical and drug screening
- The employee will be required to travel in an SSC vehicle daily to each scheduled job site. Sites may be up to 40 minutes away
- Occasional out of town travel in an SSC vehicle may be required for certain trainings
- This position includes employer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation/holidays
- Different benefits apply under a part time role
Every weatherization employee is expected to follow the safety requirements set forth by the SSC Weatherization Safety manual, in addition to following Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Standards when in the field.