Job Type: Full-time
Who We Are
Supportive Services Corporation is a not-for-profit Agency that serves Western New Yorkers on two fronts, through a
Senior Employment Program and the Weatherization Assistance Program for low to moderate income households. In
place since 1975, Supportive Services is governed by a Board of Directors and funded by grants from the federal, state,
county, and local governments. The Agency is Buffalo-based with the Weatherization Program operating out of
Supportive Services is looking for a Finance Director (FD) to oversee the Finance and Accounting operation for the entire
organization. The FD will also be part of our executive team designed to focus on strategy, culture, and sustainability.
What is required:
- College Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field and 5 years of finance/accounting, senior management and/or leadership experience. An MBA and Experience in the nonprofit sector is preferred.
- Experience and skill working with a Board of Directors (BOD). In this role you will work for the Executive director day to day, but report to BOD for governance. This role is essential to the checks and balances of the organization.
- Integrity and adherence to ethical and professional standards.
- Strong leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Ability to encourage teamwork and a collaborative approach within the organization within a team environment with a willingness to listen and understand perspective.
- Ability to work hand in hand with Accounting Staff and Program Directors, to develop agency strategy.
- Required competencies include strong leadership orientation, analytical thinking, business acumen, strategic thinking, diplomacy, and visionary outlook.
- Experience with all of Microsoft Office 365 required, and experience with accounting software Sage 300 and/or QuickBooks is a plus. It is important to have an open mind when it comes to using and implementing technology.
What will you do:
- Provide oversight of Supportive Services’ Fiscal operation which consists of Payroll, Inventory, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Invoicing/Billing, Bank Reconciliation, Internal Controls, and Budgeting.
- Assist annually in preparing and completing our Federal Independent Audit completed by a 3rd party audit firm.
- Experience with reporting quarterly taxes (NYS-45 and IRS 941) is a plus.
- You will be responsible for providing a financial report to the Board of Directors at least 4 times a year. This report should include the status of budgets as well as identifying any opportunities or threats in SSC’s Future.
- Model and practice sensitivity, fair treatment, and acceptance of diversity in all interactions.
Salary will be determined by relevant experience. Supportive Services also offers a competitive benefits package which includes 12 paid Holidays, 20 PTO days, 5 sick days, roughly 80% employer covered Health Insurance, Full Dental, Full Long-Term Disability and Life, and capability to work remote as needed/approved by the ED.
Please send a letter of interest highlighting key qualifications and resume to [email protected] by Inquiries should not be sent to Supportive Services staff or Board members.